The tool is accessed through the Tools filter. The new filter is a drop down that says “Any duration.” Then the searcher can choose between 3 time durations:
- Short (0-4 min.)
- Medium (4-20 min.)
- Long (20+ min.)
Aysun Akatrsu spotted the test. It was showing up primarily for informational queries.
While this shares the same UI as the similar video tab search, which allows sorting based on video length, this version selects based on content length and estimated reading time. But this clearly isn’t for video search, as it is in the “All” tab not “Video”, and not for a video heavy search.
This does remind me of the old filters in the search results where you could filter results by reading level. That was removed several years ago.
This does seem to be a test and it is not showing up for all queries.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020