Google is testing yet another card style in the Google desktop results for their “Top Stories” news related listings.
This test is quite distinctive because it does have some mobile elements, with it being in the card format. But it isn’t displayed carousel style and Google has removed the images from the test. So while these new ones do stand out, the lack of images is an interesting choice.
Google is also testing a card and image variation as well. But when you compare them, they surprisingly take up about just a slight bit more screen real estate, for dramatically different results.
Google has been bringing mobile style results to the desktop search results over the past couple of years, in their drive to make desktop more closely match what searchers see on mobile, now that more than 50% of searches are done on mobile.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017