Google is adding an icon alongside a “Claim this business” link in the local Google My Business knowledge panel that displays when someone does a search for am exact local business (not a generic business type search).
Here is how it appears:
It does appear to be a limited test at this time, as here is the same local knowledge panel without the “claim this business” link. It does have the usual “Are you the business owner?” footer that displays beneath the local knowledge panel.
It could also possibly be tied to the new changes Google is making that requires business owners to re-verify their listings after a set period of time to ensure they are accurate – perhaps this is one that has been claimed quite some time ago but hasn’t had any recent activity by the business owner.
It is a nice addition, especially for local business owners who might not be online-savvy and do not realize it is even possible to claim their Google business listing, but would probably do a vanity search for their business name.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019