Google is making a great new addition to the search results… when searches are searching for a TV show, Google will display the TV station with days and times of the show being aired. They will also show the various apps and sites where episodes are available for streaming.
Google made the announcement Wednesday and followed up with a blog post detailing the addition to the search results.
Today, I’m excited to announce that, coming soon, Google Search will have live TV listings. So now when you’re looking for The Big Bang Theory, we’ll not only show you the apps and sites where you can find the latest episode, but also show which channel you can turn your tv to later in the evening or week to catch it live.
As for apps and sites that Google will show for availability, it would likely cover both paid and free sources. And this would be huge for searchers. While there are a few sites out there that offer search engines to find where shows and movies are available (such as with Netflix or Amazon Prime), having this easily accessible in the search results would be great for searchers.
Here is how it displays.
These currently aren’t showing in the search results and there isn’t a better timeline for release other than “soon.” But it would likely be before the fall television season begins, which is a time when many people are searching for the returns of their favorite shows.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019