Google is hoping searchers add local reviews to businesses with a new “Write a Review” test in the search results within the local knowledge panel.
Here is what it looks like on mobile:
It is a call to action style box within the local knowledge panel with “Write a review” showing underneath the section on ratings and reviews.
According to Sergey Alakov, these reviews only show up when clicking through from a local 3-pack, so they don’t show up when you do a search that triggers the local panel instead of the 3-pack. This version only seems to be showing in the mobile search results not desktop.
Google has been doing many local tests in the search results on both mobile and desktop in recent months. Whether this one sticks around or not will likely depend on how many people actually use the call to action box to actually leave a review.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019