Google’s Gary Illyes has confirmed that the Mobile Friendly Algo has finished rolling out to all users.
Barry Schwartz asked Gary Illyes on the status of the algo.
@rustybrick Also, there were a load of sites that became MF recently, so the actual number of sites affected decreased considerably
— Gary Illyes (@methode) May 1, 2015
Google has said that the roll out would last for a week or so.
There definitely are pages which haven’t been recrawled for their mobile-friendly tags yet, as I saw multiple cases of pages that were actually mobile friendly when I looked into how the top 25 newspapers were handling mobile traffic yesterday.
If you still have pages that are mobile friendly but haven’t been recrawled to get the mobile algo boost yet, there are 3 ways you can force Googlebot to reindex those pages for mobile.
So everyone can queue up their winners and losers mobile friendly algo blog posts now 🙂
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018
- Google: Order of H Tags & Search Rankings in Google - April 13, 2018
- Google Adds “Mentioned on Wikipedia” Carousels in Search Results - April 11, 2018
- Google: Adding Content to Image Heavy Pages - April 10, 2018