Google’s Gary Illyes has confirmed that the Mobile Friendly Algo has finished rolling out to all users.
Barry Schwartz asked Gary Illyes on the status of the algo.
@rustybrick Also, there were a load of sites that became MF recently, so the actual number of sites affected decreased considerably
— Gary Illyes (@methode) May 1, 2015
Google has said that the roll out would last for a week or so.
There definitely are pages which haven’t been recrawled for their mobile-friendly tags yet, as I saw multiple cases of pages that were actually mobile friendly when I looked into how the top 25 newspapers were handling mobile traffic yesterday.
If you still have pages that are mobile friendly but haven’t been recrawled to get the mobile algo boost yet, there are 3 ways you can force Googlebot to reindex those pages for mobile.
So everyone can queue up their winners and losers mobile friendly algo blog posts now 🙂
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019