If you are waiting for a manual action to show up in Google Search Console, you might be waiting a bit. There is currently an issue where manual actions are not showing up as expected.
The issue seemed to start on October 19th, so just under a week ago, when there seemed to be an increase in people asking how long it would take for manual actions to show within a Search Console account. And it seems they are still waiting.
On the positive side, those sites that are receiving manual actions will still see the notice, both in the Google Search Console messages and via email. So those impacted can start to fix their sites while they are waiting. On the downside, it means that those site owners are unable to file any reconsideration requests, as the manual actions are not showing up in the manual action viewer. In order to file a reconsideration request, it needs to show up in the viewer first.
It also may impact sites that have had approved reconsideration requests. There is a report of a site’s reconsideration request being approved, yet the site still isn’t indexed. So if you have recently had a reconsideration request approved but aren’t seeing the site being reindexed in the search results, this could be why.
Google is aware of the issue and are working on it.
— John Mueller (@JohnMu) October 25, 2016
If you are impacted, you can still work on fixing the issues related to whatever the manual action is. But this will need to be fixed before reconsideration requests can be filed.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018