It is unknown if any of the data will be lost due to the outage, but previous outages in the past have not resulted in lost data. However this outage is much more widescale that most Analytics issues.
Google has posted an update on their Apps Status Dashboard.
Update 7:15pm: While the apps page has not been updated, Google Analytics has started to come up for some users, and it does show data from the duration of the outage.
Update 7:50pm: It appears not all users are able to access Google Analytics yet, Google plans to provide an update at 10pm.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020