It is unknown if any of the data will be lost due to the outage, but previous outages in the past have not resulted in lost data. However this outage is much more widescale that most Analytics issues.
Google has posted an update on their Apps Status Dashboard.
Update 7:15pm: While the apps page has not been updated, Google Analytics has started to come up for some users, and it does show data from the duration of the outage.
Update 7:50pm: It appears not all users are able to access Google Analytics yet, Google plans to provide an update at 10pm.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018