It is unknown if any of the data will be lost due to the outage, but previous outages in the past have not resulted in lost data. However this outage is much more widescale that most Analytics issues.
Google has posted an update on their Apps Status Dashboard.
Update 7:15pm: While the apps page has not been updated, Google Analytics has started to come up for some users, and it does show data from the duration of the outage.
Update 7:50pm: It appears not all users are able to access Google Analytics yet, Google plans to provide an update at 10pm.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018