If you haven’t been in the industry long enough to remember when Matt Cutts could attend a conference and NOT be surrounded by dozens of “Cuttlets”, you will enjoy this video of a recent talk Matt did talking about his early days at Google. He spoke at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill earlier this month, and uploaded the video to YouTube.
He has also made the slides available here, including several Google related photos I haven’t seen before, plus one memorable one of Greg Boser and the evolution of the porn fighting cookies into spam fighting cookies (above).
Well worth the trip down memory lane, even for those of us who were in the industry way back when.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018