If you haven’t been in the industry long enough to remember when Matt Cutts could attend a conference and NOT be surrounded by dozens of “Cuttlets”, you will enjoy this video of a recent talk Matt did talking about his early days at Google. He spoke at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill earlier this month, and uploaded the video to YouTube.
He has also made the slides available here, including several Google related photos I haven’t seen before, plus one memorable one of Greg Boser and the evolution of the porn fighting cookies into spam fighting cookies (above).
Well worth the trip down memory lane, even for those of us who were in the industry way back when.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018