Google will continue to send manual actions related to spammy links. This has not changed now that the new real-time Penguin has been released.
Gary Illyes from Google confirmed it on Twitter that manual actions have not changed with the Penguin launch.
@SEO @JohnMu clarification: for MANUAL ACTIONS there will be notifications, nothing changed there, for Penguin no notifications.
— Gary Illyes (@methode) September 23, 2016
He also confirmed that Penguin will still not send out any notifications, just like all the signals that are part of the search core algorithm.
Link manual actions are often send in response to Google targeting a specific link network or as a result of a spam report, so it is not a surprise that both manual actions will continue and that Penguin wouldn’t have any notices associated with it.
Google launched the new real time Penguin on Friday after a two year wait, which means site owners impacted by Penguin can see recovery much faster.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020