Phablets are classified as smartphones and are included in the new mobile friendly algo. The two most popular phablets are iPhone 6 Plus and the Galaxy Note.
iPhone 6 Plus, considered a phablet, is showing the mobile friendly tag in the Google search results. Here is an example, showing a mix of both mobile-friendly tags and results without it.
Bing is also considering the iPhone 6 Plus as a smart phone, and displays mobile-friendly on their results as well.
iPad minis – which many consider a small tablet as opposed to a phablet – is not impacted by the change and do not display mobile-friendly tags on search results.
For more on Google’s mobile friendly algo, you can read more here.
H/T to Lisa Raehsler for screenshots.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Out Notifications for HTTPS Site Migration Issues - August 21, 2018
- Google’s New Creator Reputation: Guide For Site Owners & Creators - August 8, 2018
- Google: When Asking for Links Isn’t a Link Scheme - August 7, 2018
- Google Does Not Use Quality Raters for Machine Learning Algos - August 6, 2018
- Google’s Latest Core Algo Update Still Rolling Out - August 3, 2018