Phablets are classified as smartphones and are included in the new mobile friendly algo. The two most popular phablets are iPhone 6 Plus and the Galaxy Note.
iPhone 6 Plus, considered a phablet, is showing the mobile friendly tag in the Google search results. Here is an example, showing a mix of both mobile-friendly tags and results without it.
Bing is also considering the iPhone 6 Plus as a smart phone, and displays mobile-friendly on their results as well.
iPad minis – which many consider a small tablet as opposed to a phablet – is not impacted by the change and do not display mobile-friendly tags on search results.
For more on Google’s mobile friendly algo, you can read more here.
H/T to Lisa Raehsler for screenshots.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018