Phablets are classified as smartphones and are included in the new mobile friendly algo. The two most popular phablets are iPhone 6 Plus and the Galaxy Note.
iPhone 6 Plus, considered a phablet, is showing the mobile friendly tag in the Google search results. Here is an example, showing a mix of both mobile-friendly tags and results without it.
Bing is also considering the iPhone 6 Plus as a smart phone, and displays mobile-friendly on their results as well.
iPad minis – which many consider a small tablet as opposed to a phablet – is not impacted by the change and do not display mobile-friendly tags on search results.
For more on Google’s mobile friendly algo, you can read more here.
H/T to Lisa Raehsler for screenshots.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019