Phablets are classified as smartphones and are included in the new mobile friendly algo. The two most popular phablets are iPhone 6 Plus and the Galaxy Note.
iPhone 6 Plus, considered a phablet, is showing the mobile friendly tag in the Google search results. Here is an example, showing a mix of both mobile-friendly tags and results without it.
Bing is also considering the iPhone 6 Plus as a smart phone, and displays mobile-friendly on their results as well.
iPad minis – which many consider a small tablet as opposed to a phablet – is not impacted by the change and do not display mobile-friendly tags on search results.
For more on Google’s mobile friendly algo, you can read more here.
H/T to Lisa Raehsler for screenshots.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018