Pinterest is taking a step closer to becoming a social media advertising powerhouse by launching new real-time analytics tools for business accounts.
Analytics are based on monthly data, shows whether your numbers are trending up or down, and displays:
- Average daily impressions
- Average daily viewers
- How many monthly viewers
- Average monthly engaged
- Top pin impressions, including impressions, repins, clicks and likes.
It also shows which of your boards have the most impressions, which could help businesses decide where to invest their time, especially if it turns out some boards have more impressions than believed.
For promoted pins, Pinterest’s version of paid ads on the site, the new analytics will also have detailed information about ad performance.
While marketers have been able to use third-party analytics tools to measure some of the data, it was impossible to know how a pin was performing on Pinterest aside from noting the number of repins and gauging referrals to the site. Pinterest analytics was long requested by marketers, but it became even more important when they began offering promoted pins to advertisers.
Analytics is now available to all business accounts for free. You can also convert a personal account to a business account to access analytics.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020