Bing Ads has begun their two-phase plan to make it easier for advertisers to target by device, which was first announced in June of this year.
During this first phase, desktops and tablets will be combined into a single device targeting selection in the Bing Ads web and Bing Ads Editor UI. All campaign migrations (combining tablet and PC targeting) should be completed by October 3rd.
While Bing Ads combines desktop and tablet into a single device target, advertisers can still adjust tablet bids as necessary.
Advertisers might also find issues with bid modifiers with the new changes, with tablet bid modifiers set at a range of +300% to -20%. Bing Ads will update to fall into the new range, so it is worth re-checking your modifiers to ensure you are happy with how they are set.
Bing Ads also released a chart to help advertisers with their targeting for this migration.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020