Bing Ads has begun their two-phase plan to make it easier for advertisers to target by device, which was first announced in June of this year.
During this first phase, desktops and tablets will be combined into a single device targeting selection in the Bing Ads web and Bing Ads Editor UI. All campaign migrations (combining tablet and PC targeting) should be completed by October 3rd.
While Bing Ads combines desktop and tablet into a single device target, advertisers can still adjust tablet bids as necessary.
Advertisers might also find issues with bid modifiers with the new changes, with tablet bid modifiers set at a range of +300% to -20%. Bing Ads will update to fall into the new range, so it is worth re-checking your modifiers to ensure you are happy with how they are set.
Bing Ads also released a chart to help advertisers with their targeting for this migration.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018