If you have been confused about sponsored tweets appearing in your Twitter stream that look like regular tweets, you are not alone. Twitter has made some changes to sponsored tweets so they aren’t obvious as being sponsored.
Here is an example of a post that includes an image. Again, the icon is grey and not yellow.
It is interesting that they have made this change so long after originally implementing it. But it definitely does work to disguise the fact it is sponsored or promoted, simply because we are so used to the yellow version.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018