While participating in the #socialchat on Twitter Monday night, I noticed that when viewing retweets and @jenstar replies to me, that next to the usual reply, retweet and favorite buttons was a new person icon with a + next to it, to easily follow that person without having to view their profile first.
After you click the icon to follow the person, Twitter highlights it with a check mark to show you have successfully followed that person.
It is a nice feature, and should encourage people to follow new people. I know there have been times I have engaged with people on Twitter, thinking I followed them when I didn’t. And it saves that extra click on someone’s profile to discover whether that person is followed or not.
I also noticed that it is showing up on searches as well. This could make it extremely convenient to follow people talking around a specific hashtag, especially those at a conference.
Here is an example of it showing up in search.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018