Here are some examples of the Google AdWords ads showing on Yahoo.
And another example with both ratings and the locations extension.
They are also wider than what we see showing in the sidebar for most search results.
Since these are Google ads, it is likely they are watching the results of this test closely. We haven’t seen Google do much in the way of extensions in their sidebar ads, aside from this test where they added a site search box to the ads.
It definitely is interesting to see Yahoo doing this test, although we have seen them doing plenty of testing as they are working to increase their revenue. And with their search results being very ad heavy, this really isn’t a surprise to see them trying to draw attention to more ads that are on the page, especially above the fold.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Thumbnails to Food Related Wikipedia Results - May 27, 2016
- Google Lets Searchers Choose Language When Query In Different Language - May 27, 2016
- Google Showing Third Party Reviews in Local Map Results - May 26, 2016
- New AMP Features Including Social Sharing, Sidebars & Collapsing Sections - May 25, 2016
- Why Google Removed the Right Sidebar AdWords Ads - May 24, 2016