Here are some examples of the Google AdWords ads showing on Yahoo.
And another example with both ratings and the locations extension.
They are also wider than what we see showing in the sidebar for most search results.
Since these are Google ads, it is likely they are watching the results of this test closely. We haven’t seen Google do much in the way of extensions in their sidebar ads, aside from this test where they added a site search box to the ads.
It definitely is interesting to see Yahoo doing this test, although we have seen them doing plenty of testing as they are working to increase their revenue. And with their search results being very ad heavy, this really isn’t a surprise to see them trying to draw attention to more ads that are on the page, especially above the fold.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018