Here is their new style.
It includes a title along with a traditional description snippet, a line with the price, and then the URL. It looks very similar to an organic search result, as well as their own Yahoo results, which also feature the thumbnail.
The sponsored is in the top right corner, which makes it slightly less noticeable, particularly since a searcher’s eye would normally be drawn to the image in the ad unit.
Here is how it appears within the search results page.
It also appears to be only in testing. This was the only search I was able to trigger this new style of ad on. Most showed the standard multi-item box in the right side bar, which only adds a thumbnail, business name and price.
Yahoo has been trying to increase their revenue from search and trying out all kinds of different ways to present their search results seems to have been a high priority for them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Dictionary Search Box to the Google Search Results - July 21, 2017
- Changes to Impressions & Position Data in Google Search Console - July 20, 2017
- Google Testing Rounded Sitelinks Carousel Buttons on Mobile - July 19, 2017
- Google Asking Searchers to Submit Tags in Movie Knowledge Panel - July 19, 2017
- Google Adds Follow Button to Search Results in Google Search App - July 19, 2017