Amazon won the bid for the .buy domain with a bid of $4.6M
It is unknown what Amazon will be doing with this TLD. Will they use it strictly for their own use? Will they also get into the domain registar business by selling .buy domain names? could it be linked to their rumored ad network? Or was it simply a strategic move to keep Google from having control of what is a great TLD?
If Google had controlled the .buy TLD, they could have sold domains through their new Google Domains service or used it as part of their Google Shopping network.
There were two other TLDs sold at the same time – .tech and .vip.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019