Amazon won the bid for the .buy domain with a bid of $4.6M
It is unknown what Amazon will be doing with this TLD. Will they use it strictly for their own use? Will they also get into the domain registar business by selling .buy domain names? could it be linked to their rumored ad network? Or was it simply a strategic move to keep Google from having control of what is a great TLD?
If Google had controlled the .buy TLD, they could have sold domains through their new Google Domains service or used it as part of their Google Shopping network.
There were two other TLDs sold at the same time – .tech and .vip.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020