Amazon won the bid for the .buy domain with a bid of $4.6M
It is unknown what Amazon will be doing with this TLD. Will they use it strictly for their own use? Will they also get into the domain registar business by selling .buy domain names? could it be linked to their rumored ad network? Or was it simply a strategic move to keep Google from having control of what is a great TLD?
If Google had controlled the .buy TLD, they could have sold domains through their new Google Domains service or used it as part of their Google Shopping network.
There were two other TLDs sold at the same time – .tech and .vip.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017