Amazon won the bid for the .buy domain with a bid of $4.6M
It is unknown what Amazon will be doing with this TLD. Will they use it strictly for their own use? Will they also get into the domain registar business by selling .buy domain names? could it be linked to their rumored ad network? Or was it simply a strategic move to keep Google from having control of what is a great TLD?
If Google had controlled the .buy TLD, they could have sold domains through their new Google Domains service or used it as part of their Google Shopping network.
There were two other TLDs sold at the same time – .tech and .vip.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018