Amazon won the bid for the .buy domain with a bid of $4.6M
It is unknown what Amazon will be doing with this TLD. Will they use it strictly for their own use? Will they also get into the domain registar business by selling .buy domain names? could it be linked to their rumored ad network? Or was it simply a strategic move to keep Google from having control of what is a great TLD?
If Google had controlled the .buy TLD, they could have sold domains through their new Google Domains service or used it as part of their Google Shopping network.
There were two other TLDs sold at the same time – .tech and .vip.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018