Haven’t seen AMP in your country yet? Google has confirmed that AMP news carousels are only available in 12 countries right now.
The countries are:
- United Kingdom
- United States
The one surprising omission to this list is Canada, especially since Canada and the US are often lumped together with tests and rollouts. And with mobile data rates in Canada, there would definitely be some searchers who would choose AMP results over non-AMP if they have limited monthly data, something that is quite common. Australia is also another country missing that some thought should have been included.
While they plan to roll it out to more countries, there is no word on when they will or which countries will be next. But Google has confirmed that they will be expanding AMP to other parts of the search results, so hopefully the rollout to other countries won’t be too long.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Emojis in Google’s Local Pack & Knowledge Panel - December 1, 2016
- Google Testing New Card Style News in Desktop Search Results - November 30, 2016
- Google Updates Site Move Recommendations for Webmasters - November 30, 2016
- Google & Bing Increase Size of Sitemap Files to 50MB - November 30, 2016
- Google Removing “Content Keywords” from Search Console - November 29, 2016