Haven’t seen AMP in your country yet? Google has confirmed that AMP news carousels are only available in 12 countries right now.
The countries are:
- United Kingdom
- United States
The one surprising omission to this list is Canada, especially since Canada and the US are often lumped together with tests and rollouts. And with mobile data rates in Canada, there would definitely be some searchers who would choose AMP results over non-AMP if they have limited monthly data, something that is quite common. Australia is also another country missing that some thought should have been included.
While they plan to roll it out to more countries, there is no word on when they will or which countries will be next. But Google has confirmed that they will be expanding AMP to other parts of the search results, so hopefully the rollout to other countries won’t be too long.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Thumbnails to Food Related Wikipedia Results - May 27, 2016
- Google Lets Searchers Choose Language When Query In Different Language - May 27, 2016
- Google Showing Third Party Reviews in Local Map Results - May 26, 2016
- New AMP Features Including Social Sharing, Sidebars & Collapsing Sections - May 25, 2016
- Why Google Removed the Right Sidebar AdWords Ads - May 24, 2016