Bing has added some new functionality to Bing search which will be of special note to readers. They now have a new bestseller carousel search that will appear the top of the search results when doing a Bing search for best selling books.
They are missing the opportunity to highlight many other book areas. While they have top business books and top children’s books, they are missing out on other fiction genres such as science fiction and romance as well as non-fiction books outside of business books.
All of the results in the carousel are organic. Such as in the case of best-selling fiction, they were taken from the New York Times Book Review list, so the lists aren’t collated by anyone at Bing directly.
Because many people tend to use Amazon for their book shopping, which excludes other sellers from the chance of selling of themselves, this will be interesting to watch and see if Bing plans to monetize this in any way. Will we see up-and-coming authors appearing as a sponsored results in the carousel? If the search feature becomes popular, there could definitely be value for new writers or new books wanting to appear.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018