Bing has begun showing the latest Facebook posts in the knowledge panels in the search results. This adds freshness to the knowledge panel by showing recent content that brand has posted to their official Facebook page.
Bing will show the latest Facebook posts in a card style, showing up to two of the most recent Facebook posts.
Here is what it looks like:
And another example:
Clicking “See more on Facebook” takes searchers to the brand’s Facebook page. Clicking an individual Facebook post will take the page for that specific post.
They only show the Facebook pages when the knowledge panel is brand specific but not location specific. For example, if it brings up a local result for Home Depot instead, it won’t add Facebook posts.
They also don’t show them for all brands either. For example, a search for Starbucks brings up their knowledge panel, but they don’t have Facebook posts showing, despite the brand being very active on Facebook and having their Facebook page linked from the knowledge panel.
There does seem to be a freshness requirement. I didn’t see any examples where the most recent post was older than 2 days.
Bing showed Facebook posts previously in their knowledge panel back in 2015, however in a much different style. They did drop it and began only showing social links within the knowledge panel, similar to what Google does. In this version, they only showed a single post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018