It seems to usually appear when there is a carousel of options in the search results, however not all carousel results will trigger them. The connection information itself will appear in an answer style box above the search results but below both the carousel and the Bing Ads ad unit at the top.
Here is one example:
I am not sure how useful these connection boxes really are though. For all the searches I did that triggered one, the connection was pretty obvious and self-explanatory, especially since they were access from a carousel directly related to the connections listed.
That said, it is always nice to see search engines experimenting with new ways of presenting search results that are good for users, but I have a feeling this won’t be one that makes the final cut.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019