It seems to usually appear when there is a carousel of options in the search results, however not all carousel results will trigger them. The connection information itself will appear in an answer style box above the search results but below both the carousel and the Bing Ads ad unit at the top.
Here is one example:
I am not sure how useful these connection boxes really are though. For all the searches I did that triggered one, the connection was pretty obvious and self-explanatory, especially since they were access from a carousel directly related to the connections listed.
That said, it is always nice to see search engines experimenting with new ways of presenting search results that are good for users, but I have a feeling this won’t be one that makes the final cut.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018