The number they are basing their scores on is the one given by IMDb.com in their reviews. They also add gold stars, similar to what Google did in their original version of movie reviews.
Bing’s reviews don’t seem to be showing for all users, however. I see them in Chrome but not in Firefox, so it could be either Bing is just rolling them out or they are only testing them on a certain percent of those who do the search.
They also display for mobile users, with colored icons for each of the review sites showcased.
While the review numbers are definitely “in your face” because of the massive font choice, it is definitely a nice feature for movie buffs who quickly want to see how a movie was rated.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018