Google recently added knowledge graphs for popular drinks in their search results, and Bing is following suit with a fancier version of their own enhanced answer box for drink recipes.
The drinks seem to be in partnership with About.com, as all of the cocktail recipes I searched for were pulling data from about.com
Here is an example of a Manhattan, which has four individual tabs which can be clicked, all which display in the search results rather than leading to about.com
For the drinks listed under “Related”, all 4 go to results on about.com
Here is the Google knowledge graph for the same drink:
This is a nice addition, and it definitely does one-up Google’s own version of the drink recipes. With all the results showing up as about.com, they could definitely have some sort of partnership for this, but these are not listed as sponsored in any way, they are simply a super enhanced search listing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019