Google recently added knowledge graphs for popular drinks in their search results, and Bing is following suit with a fancier version of their own enhanced answer box for drink recipes.
The drinks seem to be in partnership with About.com, as all of the cocktail recipes I searched for were pulling data from about.com
Here is an example of a Manhattan, which has four individual tabs which can be clicked, all which display in the search results rather than leading to about.com
For the drinks listed under “Related”, all 4 go to results on about.com
Here is the Google knowledge graph for the same drink:
This is a nice addition, and it definitely does one-up Google’s own version of the drink recipes. With all the results showing up as about.com, they could definitely have some sort of partnership for this, but these are not listed as sponsored in any way, they are simply a super enhanced search listing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018