I spotted a new change that Bing Ads is currently testing that are being displayed for big brands in their search results. They have a new “Official Site” line added directly underneath the Bing Ads title, and above the displayed URL.
Bing Search has been running the “Official site” tag in the organic search results for some time, but this is the first time I have seen it show up in the Bing Ads ads in the search results. This does seem to be a limited test, as I was not able to replicate it across multiple browsers.
This change might be useful for searches that might spawn numerous copycat listings – such as for Macy’s coupons or deals that lead to a non-official Macy’s site. However, advertisers are potentially losing one line of ad copy where another annotation might have been displayed instead.
I have reached out to Bing Ads and will post an update when I hear more information on this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020