I spotted a new change that Bing Ads is currently testing that are being displayed for big brands in their search results. They have a new “Official Site” line added directly underneath the Bing Ads title, and above the displayed URL.
Bing Search has been running the “Official site” tag in the organic search results for some time, but this is the first time I have seen it show up in the Bing Ads ads in the search results. This does seem to be a limited test, as I was not able to replicate it across multiple browsers.
This change might be useful for searches that might spawn numerous copycat listings – such as for Macy’s coupons or deals that lead to a non-official Macy’s site. However, advertisers are potentially losing one line of ad copy where another annotation might have been displayed instead.
I have reached out to Bing Ads and will post an update when I hear more information on this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019