I spotted this new Bing Ads feature that appears to be in testing or beta.
For this example, it was an extremely generic search query – “shoes” – but it gave the advertiser the ability to tailor their ad unit to also feature a very specific style of shoes that a searcher could be interested in.
It actually led to this landing page – and why yes, that is indeed a “froogle” ad parameter. So it was actually the product’s landing page and not a generic page. So it is almost a cross between shopping type ads and the traditional search ad.
I could definitely see this related products feature getting traction from advertisers wishing to promote a particularly hot or sought after item. And it could actually increase the CTR when a searcher can see they have exactly what they are looking for. However, I do think ShoeBuy.com might want to rethink the particular item they chose to highlight, unless those shoes really are (somehow) the top seller.
For those who haven’t seen this ad style without the background or more obvious “Ads related to …” at the top of the ads, Bing began testing it at the end of April.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
[…] Bing Ads "Related Products" Annotation in Search Results, The SEM Post […]