I searched for “earthquake Afghanistan” and refreshed a few times, then noticed suddenly current video results were surfacing in Bing on the first page of the search results. They also had a “new” tag on them.
However, in the case of the “One News Page” video results, these two “new” results were actually spam video results. The headlines were about the earthquake but the videos were completely unrelated to the quake and were actually published days earlier. Neither had any additional content on the page related to the earthquake aside from the lengthy headline.
The NDTV result tagged as “new” was a new result about the quake, though. So only one of the three “new” video results for a breaking news story were actually legitimate results.
Bing is also serving these video results to Yahoo as well.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Switches All AdWords Ad Tags to Outline Style in Search Results - February 23, 2017
- Google Showing AMP Carousels for Local Review Sites - February 22, 2017
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Google Showing Animated GIFs in Search Results via Google Posts - February 17, 2017