These orange stars are extremely noticeable – very high visibility and they completely draw the eye to that particular ad. They appear in both the positioning above the search results and the ads that appear in the sidebar as well.
It is unclear if this is a permanent change or merely a test. But I checked this for multiple locations and saw the new bright orange stars from each of them. I have reached out to Bing Ads for further information.
Google was also testing various star colors last year, however those were only in organic search results and not paid search results.
Added: Bing Ads is also displaying the new bright orange stars for organic results with stars.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018