These orange stars are extremely noticeable – very high visibility and they completely draw the eye to that particular ad. They appear in both the positioning above the search results and the ads that appear in the sidebar as well.
It is unclear if this is a permanent change or merely a test. But I checked this for multiple locations and saw the new bright orange stars from each of them. I have reached out to Bing Ads for further information.
Google was also testing various star colors last year, however those were only in organic search results and not paid search results.
Added: Bing Ads is also displaying the new bright orange stars for organic results with stars.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018