Google AdWords recently added callout extensions to the list of extensions available to advertisers but it wasn’t yet supported in the AdWords API. However, AdWords has now added support for callout extensions for advertisers in the API.
Starting today, all AdWords API versions can now manage callouts using the existing Feed API, similar to other feeds.
Feeds for callouts are mapped to feed placeholder type 17, with only one string field. See the feed placeholder documentation for more information.
The new callout extensions have been very popular as more advertisers test them out and compare the callout extensions ROI to other AdWords extensions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018