Last week, we first noticed emojis being used to draw attention to organic search results in the Google search results. At the time, they were not showing up in Bing search results for the titles, only the descriptions, but they are now starting to show up.
Emojis first were noticed in the titles of Google search results on April 22nd, and it was only a matter of time before we started seeing them for competitive searches too, as Expedia and other companies are. But I will be surprised if either search engine allows them to stay, especially as they start invading more search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018