Last week, we first noticed emojis being used to draw attention to organic search results in the Google search results. At the time, they were not showing up in Bing search results for the titles, only the descriptions, but they are now starting to show up.
Emojis first were noticed in the titles of Google search results on April 22nd, and it was only a matter of time before we started seeing them for competitive searches too, as Expedia and other companies are. But I will be surprised if either search engine allows them to stay, especially as they start invading more search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020