If you have shared something on Facebook since yesterday afternoon, you have probably noticed a new sharing option pop up. This allows Facebook users to decide whether or not they want to include the original post with the share or not.
Here is how it looks when you share a link on Facebook now.
It is a nice change because sometimes you do not want the context, comments or language from the original share included, but previously it would require the user to grab the destination URL and share that, rather than simply sharing from the original share itself.
If you don’t include the share, it appears as if the post was shared first by the user.
This seems to be live for all Facebook users now.
H/T to Kristine Schachinger who noticed the change yesterday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing Price Trends for Local Hotel Listings - January 20, 2017
- Bing Testing “Send Directions to Phone” Test in Local Knowledge Panel - January 20, 2017
- Google Crawl Budget: What SEOs Need to Know About Googlebot Crawling - January 19, 2017
- Google Local 4-Packs Showing 1 Ad & 3 Organic Local Listings - January 18, 2017
- Google AdWords Testing Local Inventory Ads in Local Pack - January 18, 2017