If you have shared something on Facebook since yesterday afternoon, you have probably noticed a new sharing option pop up. This allows Facebook users to decide whether or not they want to include the original post with the share or not.
Here is how it looks when you share a link on Facebook now.
It is a nice change because sometimes you do not want the context, comments or language from the original share included, but previously it would require the user to grab the destination URL and share that, rather than simply sharing from the original share itself.
If you don’t include the share, it appears as if the post was shared first by the user.
This seems to be live for all Facebook users now.
H/T to Kristine Schachinger who noticed the change yesterday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018
- Nofollow Has Not Changed Since Google Launched It - March 19, 2018