If you have shared something on Facebook since yesterday afternoon, you have probably noticed a new sharing option pop up. This allows Facebook users to decide whether or not they want to include the original post with the share or not.
Here is how it looks when you share a link on Facebook now.
It is a nice change because sometimes you do not want the context, comments or language from the original share included, but previously it would require the user to grab the destination URL and share that, rather than simply sharing from the original share itself.
If you don’t include the share, it appears as if the post was shared first by the user.
This seems to be live for all Facebook users now.
H/T to Kristine Schachinger who noticed the change yesterday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Google Showing Animated GIFs in Search Results via Google Posts - February 17, 2017
- Google’s Mobile First Search Index Moving Towards Launch - February 16, 2017
- Google Not Planning Big Penguin Algo Changes in the Short Term - February 16, 2017