If you have shared something on Facebook since yesterday afternoon, you have probably noticed a new sharing option pop up. This allows Facebook users to decide whether or not they want to include the original post with the share or not.
Here is how it looks when you share a link on Facebook now.
It is a nice change because sometimes you do not want the context, comments or language from the original share included, but previously it would require the user to grab the destination URL and share that, rather than simply sharing from the original share itself.
If you don’t include the share, it appears as if the post was shared first by the user.
This seems to be live for all Facebook users now.
H/T to Kristine Schachinger who noticed the change yesterday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018