If you weren’t happy about Facebook making the change to autoplay videos, you really won’t like this new change. They are testing a new change where the next video in a suggested playlist will automatically start playing if a user doesn’t select the next video to watch.
Facebook confirmed to Re/code that it is part of a test for Android and iOS but wouldn’t release any details beyond that.
It does appear that it is only a limited test, as not all Android and iOS users are seeing it, or if it isn’t a limited test, there is perhaps some criteria in play that determines when videos begin to continuously autoplay.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018