If you use Firefox for Android, you may have noticed that the Google search results are not displaying the usual “Mobile Friendly” tags that normally display before all mobile friendly search results.
It isn’t known why the mobile friendly tag isn’t being displayed, but multiple support threads reveal that Google reportedly sends a different version of the search results to the Firefox Android app than they do to Chrome’s app.
Here is the same search on the same phone with Chrome.
She also tried the search on a lesser known browser, Dolphin, and it showed the mobile friendly tag.
The loss of mobile friendly tags in the search results has the potential to hurt websites, especially if searchers are used to seeing the tag and mistakenly assume those sites are not mobile friendly.
As a related note, they are being displayed on Bing results in the Firefox for Android app.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017