If you use Firefox for Android, you may have noticed that the Google search results are not displaying the usual “Mobile Friendly” tags that normally display before all mobile friendly search results.
It isn’t known why the mobile friendly tag isn’t being displayed, but multiple support threads reveal that Google reportedly sends a different version of the search results to the Firefox Android app than they do to Chrome’s app.
Here is the same search on the same phone with Chrome.
She also tried the search on a lesser known browser, Dolphin, and it showed the mobile friendly tag.
The loss of mobile friendly tags in the search results has the potential to hurt websites, especially if searchers are used to seeing the tag and mistakenly assume those sites are not mobile friendly.
As a related note, they are being displayed on Bing results in the Firefox for Android app.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019