Google has renamed the former “Crawl Error Report” to “Crawl Errors/Crawl Status Report” on their Data Anomalies page. Google uses this page to alert users to updates, changes or issues with various Search Console features and reports.
Here is how it appears now:
Nothing has been added to the newly renamed section. So it could be just a general housekeeping change to ensure the section includes both crawl errors and crawl status reports. Or we could see something show up in the near future.
Google added the Data Anomalies page last year, but didn’t add the specific crawl report reference until December.
Here is how it used to look, as you can see the content within the section is still the same:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Switches All AdWords Ad Tags to Outline Style in Search Results - February 23, 2017
- Google Showing AMP Carousels for Local Review Sites - February 22, 2017
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Google Showing Animated GIFs in Search Results via Google Posts - February 17, 2017