Google has renamed the former “Crawl Error Report” to “Crawl Errors/Crawl Status Report” on their Data Anomalies page. Google uses this page to alert users to updates, changes or issues with various Search Console features and reports.
Here is how it appears now:
Nothing has been added to the newly renamed section. So it could be just a general housekeeping change to ensure the section includes both crawl errors and crawl status reports. Or we could see something show up in the near future.
Google added the Data Anomalies page last year, but didn’t add the specific crawl report reference until December.
Here is how it used to look, as you can see the content within the section is still the same:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017