Google has renamed the former “Crawl Error Report” to “Crawl Errors/Crawl Status Report” on their Data Anomalies page. Google uses this page to alert users to updates, changes or issues with various Search Console features and reports.
Here is how it appears now:
Nothing has been added to the newly renamed section. So it could be just a general housekeeping change to ensure the section includes both crawl errors and crawl status reports. Or we could see something show up in the near future.
Google added the Data Anomalies page last year, but didn’t add the specific crawl report reference until December.
Here is how it used to look, as you can see the content within the section is still the same:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017
- Site Moves Do Not Fix Google Panda Content Issues - June 23, 2017
- Google Maps Soliciting Location Information in Organic Search Results - June 22, 2017
- Google’s Fred Update is Not an Updated Panda Algo - June 20, 2017
- Google to Continue Showing Featured Snippets with Images from Second Source - June 19, 2017