Google has renamed the former “Crawl Error Report” to “Crawl Errors/Crawl Status Report” on their Data Anomalies page. Google uses this page to alert users to updates, changes or issues with various Search Console features and reports.
Here is how it appears now:
Nothing has been added to the newly renamed section. So it could be just a general housekeeping change to ensure the section includes both crawl errors and crawl status reports. Or we could see something show up in the near future.
Google added the Data Anomalies page last year, but didn’t add the specific crawl report reference until December.
Here is how it used to look, as you can see the content within the section is still the same:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Bing Adds Trending Carousel Search Feature for Some Websites - February 20, 2018
- Canonicals: Sitemap Canonicals Weaker Signal Than Rel=Canonical - February 19, 2018
- Over 60% of Google Search AMP Clicks Go To Non-News Sites - February 13, 2018
- Bing Testing Stacked Sitelinks in Search Results - February 12, 2018
- Google Chrome to Flag Sites as Not Secure in July 2018 - February 8, 2018