Google has renamed the former “Crawl Error Report” to “Crawl Errors/Crawl Status Report” on their Data Anomalies page. Google uses this page to alert users to updates, changes or issues with various Search Console features and reports.
Here is how it appears now:
Nothing has been added to the newly renamed section. So it could be just a general housekeeping change to ensure the section includes both crawl errors and crawl status reports. Or we could see something show up in the near future.
Google added the Data Anomalies page last year, but didn’t add the specific crawl report reference until December.
Here is how it used to look, as you can see the content within the section is still the same:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016
- Google to Devalue Sites with Pop-Ups & Interstitials in Mobile Search Results - August 23, 2016
- Google Dropping Mobile Friendly Tag; 85% Mobile Search Results are Mobile Friendly - August 23, 2016
- Abusive Bots & Services Behind the AdWords Keyword Planner Data Restrictions - August 19, 2016
- Google AdWords Express Adds Detailed Call Tracking, Ad Scheduling & Map Actions - August 18, 2016