Now, when you search for brands that are active on Google+, you now see the number of followers the brand has on Google+ as well as the names of those people in your own circle who are also followers of that brand on Google+.
Here are some examples of the new change.
Last year, Google removed Google+ posts from brand’s knowledge panels and it looked like all integration between Google+ and organic search results was gone. Google also removed Google+ follower counts from AdWords ads late last year. So Google bringing back mentions of both the number of Google+ followers and the names of those followers is somewhat surprise.
It doesn’t seem to be rolled out to all users. While I have seen them in multiple browser sessions from different IPs over the past several days, I do not see them all the time, even when searching for the same examples as above. So it is likely a test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing “Near City” in Local 3-Pack - September 27, 2016
- Use Google Disavow Like Before, No Changes With Real Time Penguin - September 26, 2016
- No Changes to Link Related Manual Actions with Penguin Real Time Launch - September 26, 2016
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016