With the importance Google is placing on sites being mobile friendly, their latest feature added to Google Webmaster Tools will be a big help for those webmasters who might not understand all the nuances of mobile-friendly design. Webmasters can now see mobile usability errors in Google Webmaster Tools and the number of pages affected by each error.
Google will show these errors:
The site warnings do not show up under messages or show on the website listing pages, so webmasters will need to view the report individually for each site to see if there are any issues. You can find the report listed under “Search Traffic” in the side bar.
It appears Google began tracking the number of errors on October 11, 2014.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018