One of the problems with the carousels for genres is that they tend to show only the most popular, which is good from an overall perspective, but leaves some users in a position where they aren’t able to actually discover new movies. These new sorting options changes all this.
Searchers can choose from 12 different genres to display in the carousel.
It can also be sorted by year, to show the top movies from each genre for every year from the current one back to 2007. The “all years” default option shows all years, even older than the 2007 option.
It is also active on mobile as well.
This is a great addition to the movie carousels in Google.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Switching to AMP Won’t Negate Other SEO & Google Algo Issues on a Site - April 26, 2018
- Google: Major Redesigns & Issues With Search Traffic Loss - April 25, 2018
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018