One of the problems with the carousels for genres is that they tend to show only the most popular, which is good from an overall perspective, but leaves some users in a position where they aren’t able to actually discover new movies. These new sorting options changes all this.
Searchers can choose from 12 different genres to display in the carousel.
It can also be sorted by year, to show the top movies from each genre for every year from the current one back to 2007. The “all years” default option shows all years, even older than the 2007 option.
It is also active on mobile as well.
This is a great addition to the movie carousels in Google.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018