One of the problems with the carousels for genres is that they tend to show only the most popular, which is good from an overall perspective, but leaves some users in a position where they aren’t able to actually discover new movies. These new sorting options changes all this.
Searchers can choose from 12 different genres to display in the carousel.
It can also be sorted by year, to show the top movies from each genre for every year from the current one back to 2007. The “all years” default option shows all years, even older than the 2007 option.
It is also active on mobile as well.
This is a great addition to the movie carousels in Google.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019