One of the problems with the carousels for genres is that they tend to show only the most popular, which is good from an overall perspective, but leaves some users in a position where they aren’t able to actually discover new movies. These new sorting options changes all this.
Searchers can choose from 12 different genres to display in the carousel.
It can also be sorted by year, to show the top movies from each genre for every year from the current one back to 2007. The “all years” default option shows all years, even older than the 2007 option.
It is also active on mobile as well.
This is a great addition to the movie carousels in Google.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018