One of the problems with the carousels for genres is that they tend to show only the most popular, which is good from an overall perspective, but leaves some users in a position where they aren’t able to actually discover new movies. These new sorting options changes all this.
Searchers can choose from 12 different genres to display in the carousel.
It can also be sorted by year, to show the top movies from each genre for every year from the current one back to 2007. The “all years” default option shows all years, even older than the 2007 option.
It is also active on mobile as well.
This is a great addition to the movie carousels in Google.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018