When searching on your mobile, when you do a search for “Call <name>”, Google will display the phone number for the business in autosuggest in extra large numbers.
Here is one example:
This is a mobile only feature for Google however.
Clicking on the search result does not automatically start a phone call though. Instead, searchers are directed to a search results page with a knowledge card displaying the phone number in large text.
I am not sure how long this feature has been available for. I first noticed it last week, and Bill Sebald also noticed it on Sunday.
It definitely is a nice feature for those searching for a quick phone number.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018