When searching on your mobile, when you do a search for “Call <name>”, Google will display the phone number for the business in autosuggest in extra large numbers.
Here is one example:
This is a mobile only feature for Google however.
Clicking on the search result does not automatically start a phone call though. Instead, searchers are directed to a search results page with a knowledge card displaying the phone number in large text.
I am not sure how long this feature has been available for. I first noticed it last week, and Bill Sebald also noticed it on Sunday.
It definitely is a nice feature for those searching for a quick phone number.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020