Google’s updated Structured Data Testing Tool now offers previews when you submit a URL or code snippet for testing. This means you can check and see what your markup would look like in the search results without having to wait for it to go live.
The preview functionality only works for some types of schema – both product and recipes are supported.
To view the preview, you actually need to click through to the specific schema type from the test results.
If the preview option is available, it will show then.
It seems to be designed specifically for those checking mobile schema, as it states it is “Best viewed on mobile devices” and it includes AMP previews.
When you click through to “View all”, you see the detailed view version.
Here is an example from a product markup:
There could be other schema types that are supported but this are the only two I saw.
Google previously had a preview tool many years ago, but it had been removed.
You can access it via the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
H/T Ramesh Singh
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017