Google’s updated Structured Data Testing Tool now offers previews when you submit a URL or code snippet for testing. This means you can check and see what your markup would look like in the search results without having to wait for it to go live.
The preview functionality only works for some types of schema – both product and recipes are supported.
To view the preview, you actually need to click through to the specific schema type from the test results.
If the preview option is available, it will show then.
It seems to be designed specifically for those checking mobile schema, as it states it is “Best viewed on mobile devices” and it includes AMP previews.
When you click through to “View all”, you see the detailed view version.
Here is an example from a product markup:
There could be other schema types that are supported but this are the only two I saw.
Google previously had a preview tool many years ago, but it had been removed.
You can access it via the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
H/T Ramesh Singh
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017
- Google Adds “On This Page” Above Internal Section Sitelinks - May 19, 2017
- Google Adds Expandable AdWords Ads With Carousels on Mobile - May 18, 2017
- Google Continues Featured Snippets Without Second Organic Listing - May 17, 2017