Google’s updated Structured Data Testing Tool now offers previews when you submit a URL or code snippet for testing. This means you can check and see what your markup would look like in the search results without having to wait for it to go live.
The preview functionality only works for some types of schema – both product and recipes are supported.
To view the preview, you actually need to click through to the specific schema type from the test results.
If the preview option is available, it will show then.
It seems to be designed specifically for those checking mobile schema, as it states it is “Best viewed on mobile devices” and it includes AMP previews.
When you click through to “View all”, you see the detailed view version.
Here is an example from a product markup:
There could be other schema types that are supported but this are the only two I saw.
Google previously had a preview tool many years ago, but it had been removed.
You can access it via the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
H/T Ramesh Singh
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: 301s & 302s, What is Best For PageRank & Ranking Signals - October 18, 2017
- Why Google Rewrites Title Tags in Search Results - October 18, 2017
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017