Google is definitely ramping up Product Listing Ads coverage on the search results. They have now added PLAs to image search.
Here is how they appear:
They display below the usual sections for narrowing down the image search. Regular image results appear below the PLA listings.
All the listings show the price and the store name, but no product title. One can click through to the landing page for more details.
Surprisingly, these are not carousels. This surprised me because it looked like the perfect avenue to show more results. However, on mobile they do show a carousel since there is limited screen space. It appears that PLAs on mobile are only on Android.
Here is another example.
They also seem to not require the entire unit be filled with ads. For example, this laptop search is only partially filled with products.
These new PLAs in image search results should be active for all searchers now.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Bing Testing Site Name Only With No URL in Search Results - August 30, 2016
- Google’s New Mobile Interstitial & Popup Change Applies at Page Level - August 29, 2016
- Google Asking for Local Business Descriptions from Searchers - August 29, 2016
- Google Changes Local 3-Pack Icons for All Desktop Users - August 29, 2016
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016