Google is definitely ramping up Product Listing Ads coverage on the search results. They have now added PLAs to image search.
Here is how they appear:
They display below the usual sections for narrowing down the image search. Regular image results appear below the PLA listings.
All the listings show the price and the store name, but no product title. One can click through to the landing page for more details.
Surprisingly, these are not carousels. This surprised me because it looked like the perfect avenue to show more results. However, on mobile they do show a carousel since there is limited screen space. It appears that PLAs on mobile are only on Android.
Here is another example.
They also seem to not require the entire unit be filled with ads. For example, this laptop search is only partially filled with products.
These new PLAs in image search results should be active for all searchers now.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018