A new feature has popped up in the Google knowledge panel that shows reviews given by the leading movie and television review sites, which displays on the right hand side of the search results in the Google knowledge panel.
There are a couple different ways that Google displays them in the panel.
Here is the first style, which seems to be the most common version, where it highlights each review score and source in different boxes:
For movie reviews, they can show up to three reviews at a time, although we have seen them with only two. They use IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and Common Sense Media as their sources for movie reviews.
They also display them for television shows as well.
All of the review site links link to the page with the review on it, so searchers can click and see the full review for the movie or television series.
This is a nice addition to the Google search results for those looking up movies.
H/T Ramesh Singh
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020