Google has officially added Product Listing Ads to image search results. They are now available to all advertisers as part of the Google Search Network.
We spotted Google testing PLAs in the image search results back in January. The new PLAs in image ads look the same, except for a difference in the URL color which went from grey to green.
While these are available to all advertisers, it seems that not all searchers are seeing them. I am unable to view any of the new ads from Canada, although I was able to view them during Google’s initial testing of them earlier this year. It could be a slow rollout.
PLAs in image search results could do well since many searchers do go to image search for product related searches, especially when trying to find a style or color of a product. It could also encourage some businesses to try PLAs, especially if they know they get a good response from image search to their organic images.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018