Google has officially added Product Listing Ads to image search results. They are now available to all advertisers as part of the Google Search Network.
We spotted Google testing PLAs in the image search results back in January. The new PLAs in image ads look the same, except for a difference in the URL color which went from grey to green.
While these are available to all advertisers, it seems that not all searchers are seeing them. I am unable to view any of the new ads from Canada, although I was able to view them during Google’s initial testing of them earlier this year. It could be a slow rollout.
PLAs in image search results could do well since many searchers do go to image search for product related searches, especially when trying to find a style or color of a product. It could also encourage some businesses to try PLAs, especially if they know they get a good response from image search to their organic images.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020