Google AdWords announced earlier this year at the AdWords Summit that they would be launching device bid adjustments, giving advertisers more flexibility with how they bid on mobile versus desktop versus tablet.
As we reimagine how ads look in a mobile-first world, it’s also important to have more flexible tools that help you optimize device-level performance. New device bid adjustments allow you to maintain the efficiency of managing a consolidated campaign that reaches consumers across devices while giving you more control to set individual bid adjustments for each device type — mobile devices, computers, and tablets.
AdWords cautions that you will still want to look at your other metrics and signals when using device bid management including location, time of day and audience to ensure that you are optimizing your bidding and ad performance.
This has been long requested by advertisers, especially as Google now has more than 50% of searches coming from mobile devices, and many advertisers were wanting to take advantage of it with more flexibility with mobile bidding specifically without it being tied so significantly to desktop.
This is now live for all advertisers. For those wanting to learn more about it, Google is hosting a hangout for device bid adjustments on August 9 at 9am PST.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018