Google AdWords is testing a new feature where they will remind you when a business for a particular ad is nearby, after interacting with a new “Remind me when I’m nearby” feature in their ad in the search results. It is called Location-Based Store Reminders.
Here is how the new feature appears within an AdWords ad.
This seems to be in very limited testing, this was the only business I could find testing the new location-based store reminders.
This popped up for me in the Google desktop search results, so it isn’t a mobile exclusive addition to AdWords. I also use Google Now for iOS, so it isn’t an Android exclusive AdWords feature either, which is very nice for advertisers. So it opens up a lot of opportunity for advertisers to reach potential customers using location-based store reminders.
From their support page:
Want to give yourself a quick reminder to visit a store you’ve seen an ad for on Google? You can set up a Google Now alert so that it reminds you to stop by that store whenever you’re near it.
Tap Remind me when I’m nearby when prompted on the search results page, and we’ll send you a notification on your phone’s home screen, when you’re near the store location mentioned in the ad.
Tapping the notification will bring you to a Google Now card with more information and allow you to resume your search.
Added: Macy’s and Kohls are now testing this too.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018