It is unclear what made the information vanish for a week, although people were suspecting it might have had something to the corrupted database. Many people were seeing the data from the 9th the following day, until it disappeared on the 11th.
Google reported on the 13th that it was a “bad case of the Mondays” and that the data should be showing back up within the day.
We’re sorry for our unusually bad case of the Mondays. We’ve fixed the issue and no data was lost. Analytics users should start seeing any missed soon.. Please find more information on our status dashboard
However, there seemed to be some problems the Google Analytics was having restoring the data within this time frame. It wasn’t actually until Sunday the 14th that the data was completely restored all users. The seemingly related outage affecting search query data in Google Webmaster Tools was also fixed.
So if you are waiting to do your weekly reporting for the data say that, and you have the all clear to go ahead.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018