It is unclear what made the information vanish for a week, although people were suspecting it might have had something to the corrupted database. Many people were seeing the data from the 9th the following day, until it disappeared on the 11th.
Google reported on the 13th that it was a “bad case of the Mondays” and that the data should be showing back up within the day.
We’re sorry for our unusually bad case of the Mondays. We’ve fixed the issue and no data was lost. Analytics users should start seeing any missed soon.. Please find more information on our status dashboard
However, there seemed to be some problems the Google Analytics was having restoring the data within this time frame. It wasn’t actually until Sunday the 14th that the data was completely restored all users. The seemingly related outage affecting search query data in Google Webmaster Tools was also fixed.
So if you are waiting to do your weekly reporting for the data say that, and you have the all clear to go ahead.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018