He says it will be a solution from Google itself, as there are a few third party solutions that people can use to deal with the issue currently.
Singer says they are making the change on a universal level, which means that the solution will be scalable as referral spammers add new URLs into the mix to keep spamming.
He didn’t say when it would be available but said it is something they are working on, as they know the problem is a “major PITA” for marketers.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Country & Language Selector Popups Impacted by Google’s Mobile Interstitial Change - January 23, 2017
- Google Testing Price Trends for Local Hotel Listings - January 20, 2017
- Bing Testing “Send Directions to Phone” Test in Local Knowledge Panel - January 20, 2017
- Google Crawl Budget: What SEOs Need to Know About Googlebot Crawling - January 19, 2017
- Google Local 4-Packs Showing 1 Ad & 3 Organic Local Listings - January 18, 2017