He says it will be a solution from Google itself, as there are a few third party solutions that people can use to deal with the issue currently.
Singer says they are making the change on a universal level, which means that the solution will be scalable as referral spammers add new URLs into the mix to keep spamming.
He didn’t say when it would be available but said it is something they are working on, as they know the problem is a “major PITA” for marketers.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018