He says it will be a solution from Google itself, as there are a few third party solutions that people can use to deal with the issue currently.
Singer says they are making the change on a universal level, which means that the solution will be scalable as referral spammers add new URLs into the mix to keep spamming.
He didn’t say when it would be available but said it is something they are working on, as they know the problem is a “major PITA” for marketers.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018