He says it will be a solution from Google itself, as there are a few third party solutions that people can use to deal with the issue currently.
Singer says they are making the change on a universal level, which means that the solution will be scalable as referral spammers add new URLs into the mix to keep spamming.
He didn’t say when it would be available but said it is something they are working on, as they know the problem is a “major PITA” for marketers.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Nofollow on Navigation for Crawl Budget Reasons - July 27, 2016
- Expanded Text Ads Now Available in Google AdWords - July 26, 2016
- Google AdWords Launches Device Bid Adjustments - July 26, 2016
- No PageRank Loss for 30x Redirects, Including 301 & 302 Redirects - July 26, 2016
- Sending Visitors Off Site Via Links Won’t Hurt Site’s Google Rankings - July 25, 2016