Google has begun showing results from Twitter within their “In the news” section on the front page of the regular Google search results.
Google recently signed a deal with Twitter that would see them have access to their firehose, this means that Google can index tweets much more quickly than they could before, as they were required to crawl the Twitter site with Googlebot.
This change will also mean it is very important for brands to keep up on top of their social media, particularly Twitter. Because results from twitters are known as being very timely, and with Google able to index the tweets immediately, this means big brands can get their message out on newsworthy items almost immediately.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018