Google has begun showing results from Twitter within their “In the news” section on the front page of the regular Google search results.
Google recently signed a deal with Twitter that would see them have access to their firehose, this means that Google can index tweets much more quickly than they could before, as they were required to crawl the Twitter site with Googlebot.
This change will also mean it is very important for brands to keep up on top of their social media, particularly Twitter. Because results from twitters are known as being very timely, and with Google able to index the tweets immediately, this means big brands can get their message out on newsworthy items almost immediately.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018