Google has begun bolding keywords in the reviews displayed within Google My Business knowledge panels in the search results. Google is focusing on bolding keywords it feels make important points about various aspects of the business and its service.
Here is an example for a restaurant which bolds not only a recommended meal but also the type of service received.
This was actually something I spotted last year, but it wasn’t displaying frequently, and it was often skewed towards the keywords included in the search. This time, Google seems to be focusing on bolding relevant keywords, often words people would use to describe businesses, that searchers might find useful when reviewing a company. All searchers now seem to be able to see it.
They are showing for a variety of business types, not just restaurants, and including tourist attractions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018