Google has begun bolding keywords in the reviews displayed within Google My Business knowledge panels in the search results. Google is focusing on bolding keywords it feels make important points about various aspects of the business and its service.
Here is an example for a restaurant which bolds not only a recommended meal but also the type of service received.
This was actually something I spotted last year, but it wasn’t displaying frequently, and it was often skewed towards the keywords included in the search. This time, Google seems to be focusing on bolding relevant keywords, often words people would use to describe businesses, that searchers might find useful when reviewing a company. All searchers now seem to be able to see it.
They are showing for a variety of business types, not just restaurants, and including tourist attractions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017