Google has begun bolding keywords in the reviews displayed within Google My Business knowledge panels in the search results. Google is focusing on bolding keywords it feels make important points about various aspects of the business and its service.
Here is an example for a restaurant which bolds not only a recommended meal but also the type of service received.
This was actually something I spotted last year, but it wasn’t displaying frequently, and it was often skewed towards the keywords included in the search. This time, Google seems to be focusing on bolding relevant keywords, often words people would use to describe businesses, that searchers might find useful when reviewing a company. All searchers now seem to be able to see it.
They are showing for a variety of business types, not just restaurants, and including tourist attractions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Autoplay Video Preview Clips to Search Results - August 21, 2017
- Cloudflare Credentials Stolen in Web Developer Chrome Extension Hack - August 18, 2017
- Google Search Console Sends Security Warning Notices for HTTP Sites - August 18, 2017
- Bing Testing Blended Local Mini One Pack in Search Results - August 15, 2017
- Google Still Ignores Last-Modified Meta Tag - August 11, 2017