Google has begun bolding keywords in the reviews displayed within Google My Business knowledge panels in the search results. Google is focusing on bolding keywords it feels make important points about various aspects of the business and its service.
Here is an example for a restaurant which bolds not only a recommended meal but also the type of service received.
This was actually something I spotted last year, but it wasn’t displaying frequently, and it was often skewed towards the keywords included in the search. This time, Google seems to be focusing on bolding relevant keywords, often words people would use to describe businesses, that searchers might find useful when reviewing a company. All searchers now seem to be able to see it.
They are showing for a variety of business types, not just restaurants, and including tourist attractions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017