Google has launched Home Services Ads in the mobile search results. While they have been showing for quite some time on desktop, there had only been brief tests on mobile.
You can see each listing also shows a service area on the map within the listing in the carousel, to help users see if each business services their area.
The listings also show the new “Google guaranteed” with the checkmark shield, which shows on desktop too.
There is a total of 4 listings in the carousel, with the option to view more at the end.
When you click the “View all” arrow, you see a full page of listings:
There is also a drop down option, that allows you to select the specific type of plumbing job needed, when you select your area.
Google is also showing regular AdWords ads as well, when they show Home Services Ads carousel on mobile. It seems that Google takes up two regular AdWords slots for the Home Services Ads, as they were only showing two AdWords ads beneath the carousel.
Here is what it looks like when you click through to a result:
They are also showing these ads for multiple business types too.
It is surprising it has taken this long to bring the Home Services Ads to the mobile search results, especially since they have been expanding it to new locations. It will be worth watching to see how well they perform on mobile, where they will take up the majority of the mobile screen.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018