Google has made a major change to the desktop version of their local 3-pack.. It seems that the mobile icons we spotted Google testing in their local 3-pack are now permanent.
These icons are the same as the ones Google uses on their mobile results, so it is yet another change Google has made in order to make the desktop search results match the mobile. Along with the change in icons, Google also change the color of the icon from a darker blue.
Here is how it looked previously:
Google first began testing the mobile icons on desktop earlier this month. It seems that it was the start of a rollout, as now all searchers appear to be seeing these icon styles.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020