Google has made a major change to the desktop version of their local 3-pack.. It seems that the mobile icons we spotted Google testing in their local 3-pack are now permanent.
These icons are the same as the ones Google uses on their mobile results, so it is yet another change Google has made in order to make the desktop search results match the mobile. Along with the change in icons, Google also change the color of the icon from a darker blue.
Here is how it looked previously:
Google first began testing the mobile icons on desktop earlier this month. It seems that it was the start of a rollout, as now all searchers appear to be seeing these icon styles.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018